Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I strip oil drain plug from my car how can i fix it please help?

i have a 1991 honda civic i change the oil from it but when i put the drain plug back it does not tighten it just turn and turn i now i strip it but is there any other way i could fix it insted of changing the hole oil pan please help???I strip oil drain plug from my car how can i fix it please help?
Yes you can fix it. Just go to an autoparts store and explain. They will give you a kit to rethread the filler bolt hole.





there are few versions - so try few stores and choose the version that you are comfortable with.








good luck....I strip oil drain plug from my car how can i fix it please help?
Talk to a decent machanic even at Midas and they will fix you up with an over size oil plug. I had to do that with an old 1991 ford pickup truck i had. The only problem i ever had was Wallmart wont change your oil with an over size oil plug.
try an over sized plug and wrap it with teflon tape before you reinsert it

No comments:

Post a Comment