Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hello. I have a 1995 Fiesta and I don't know the minimum and maximum marks on the oil dipstick.?

Can anyone help?Many Thanks.Hello. I have a 1995 Fiesta and I don't know the minimum and maximum marks on the oil dipstick.?
ya im with lemans81 on this i asume your not american tho so id say that it will cost about 拢1 to 拢2 from ur local scrap yardHello. I have a 1995 Fiesta and I don't know the minimum and maximum marks on the oil dipstick.?
There should be two lines or two dots on the dipstick. The lower one is the lowest you should let the oil get and higher is the highest it should get. If there is no marks then I highly recommend you get a new dipstick from a junkyard or the dealership usually they are $3-$6.
Do I take it your dipstick has what might be described as a ';cross-hatched'; area and no other marks?


If so, the oil should be above the bottom edge of this but not above the top edge - ideally it'd be up to the top edge but not exceeding it, if that makes sense.





As a tip, after switching off the engine leave it for a couple of minutes to allow the oil to run back to the sump before dipping it, and make sure you're on level ground. Add oil a little at a time and allow it to run down before checking.





Hope this helps.
You seem to be on the right track as regards the marks, but overheating is not neccessarily a sign of oil problems. Check your water level, if this is fine go to a garage and ask them to do a pressure check, you may have a blown head gasket Most reputable independent garages will not charge you a fortune for this and it should help to diagnose the problem.
I know this wont help But





WOW a car with TWO dipsticks.


Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment