Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Where's the oil drain plug 2005 883 sportster?

Bought a used sportster--no owners manual--and am planning to use Mobile 1 20-50. Filter, I located at Napa. I am a pretty good auto mech. Looking or oil change procedureWhere's the oil drain plug 2005 883 sportster?
http://www.linson.us/harleydavidson/spor鈥?/a>





That is all you will ever need. With pictures. And perfect explanations. I had never even been on a bike and used this to change the oil the day I got my sporty! There is a well used copy of this in three different places in my garage!





Good luck and happy riding!Where's the oil drain plug 2005 883 sportster?
Great link Errica.


Nice pics.
should be on the bottom of your crank case.
Look for a tube (rubber) under the crankcase, I think on that year it was right behind the exhaust mount, look for a tube that goes into this. There will be a worm gear clamp holding it on.





edit: Go with the link below from errica - not sure why they would have you take the filter off first as it creates more of a mess but GREAT PICTURES!
I will refer you to Errica on this one Good advice and explanation

No comments:

Post a Comment