Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is the maximum mileage a car can run before oil change? plz bare in mind that I live in a hot climate.?

I've seen guys drive them until the engine seized and never change the oil, but I wouldn't recommend. If the car is still under the warranty go by the manufacturers recommendation. Once the warranty is up I change at 5,000 and I've driven cars until they had over 300,000 miles on the engine. It gets hotter than billy blue blazes in Texas too.What is the maximum mileage a car can run before oil change? plz bare in mind that I live in a hot climate.?
5000 maximum ...


3000 recommended ...


i do mine every 2500 just so its easy to remember (every quarter of 10,000)What is the maximum mileage a car can run before oil change? plz bare in mind that I live in a hot climate.?
3000--ideal


5000-max
wtf have you done! This is a very controversial subject and don't expect any less than the craziest to the most conservative (3,000 miles) answers. Dude, read you book the car came with and follow the manufacturers schedule of maintenance for severe conditions. That's the best advice you can possibly get without starting an online riot of retards replying.
i was told to have oil changed every 3000 miles.
Honestly, I would change it at least every 3,000 miles. Some car manufacturers..like Honda (I've got a 2006 Civic LX) *say* that you can bring it in for its oil change every 5,000 miles, but I always bring it in WAY earlier. Though I've been told several times that I've been ';over servicing'; my car, I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Stick strictly with what's in the owner's manual and you won't be stuck standing on the side of the road. If you have to run extended oil change intervals, run a full synthetic oil. But the cost of that offsets the frequency of the oil changes. There is another way to find out that I don't recommend....drive it twice the recommended interval and have an oil sample analyzed to see if it's breaking down. There is no other way to tell if the oil's breaking down.
It really depends on the type of oil you use. i have a bmw which uses synthetic oils. they can be changed every 15,000 miles. conventional(basic) motor oil needs to be changed every 3,000 miles. but since u live in hot climate you can change it in 2,500 miles to be safe. but also depends on what kind of car and how hard do you drive it. like my car can go 15,000 miles but if i drive it hard in between oil changes then the time in between drops dramatically. hope this helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment