Saturday, December 26, 2009

What size socket is requied to remove the oil drain plug on a Honda CRF230F motorcycle?

I am trying to change the oil on the motorcycle myself, but everything I have doesn't fit. I do not own a service manual, two dealers have given me different answers. Can any of you out there tell me for sure, without a doubt?What size socket is requied to remove the oil drain plug on a Honda CRF230F motorcycle?
15mmWhat size socket is requied to remove the oil drain plug on a Honda CRF230F motorcycle?
Sure Drain Oil Plug - http://www.cablecar.biz/straightbladeplugs/suredrainoilplug.html Report Abuse

well, instead of draining the oil from your car, just go to a junk yard and pick up a old motor that will surely break down soon. then you will feel better. if i was you i would go to a junk yard and pick up a 06 scion to. you will have such good luck with it that because there are no gauges so u wont have to worry about any problems you dont see.
Honda uses 17mm for all their oil drain bolts.
a Cressent wrench ! FARMER TOOLS yee haww!
9/16 is 14 mm.. so thats to small





11/16 is 17mm .. so could be to big..





5/8 is 15 mm .. but these are aproximate sizes





you would be better off going %26amp; buying a metric socket set..


or open end/ ring spanner set..
I think it is the size 17 millimeter
guessing either a 15mm or 17mm but I can check tonight after I get home if the sun is still up (no lights in the shop yet) on my daughter's bike ...





do you have a metric socket set? if not, try a 9/16, 5/8 and 11/16 ... one of those might work since they hit all around a 15mm and 17mm...





EDIT: either a 15/16 or a 24mm will work at least on my daughter's '04 CRF230.





I guess I should ask what you have tried that is too small and too large ...

No comments:

Post a Comment