Saturday, December 19, 2009

I hAVE A 95 MAXIMA AND THE OIL LIGHT SOMETIMES FLASHES WHEN I SLOW DOWN.I JUST NEW TIMING CHAINS IN THE ENGINE

AND WHEN IT STARTS UP I CAN HERE A LITTLE SOUND SIMILAR 2 THE WAY IT SOUNDED WHEN THE OLD TIMING CHAIN WERE SLACK, BUT AFTER I DRIVE THE SOUND GOES AWAY CAN SUM 1 TELL ME WUT'S GOING ON PLEASE.I hAVE A 95 MAXIMA AND THE OIL LIGHT SOMETIMES FLASHES WHEN I SLOW DOWN.I JUST NEW TIMING CHAINS IN THE ENGINE
If your timing chain is shot startng the car would result in bending all your valves in most cars. It sound like you are low on oil and and when you slow down the oil shifts to one side of the motor witch causes the light to go off. This is a common problem. Check to see if your leaking or burning oil.


Also when the car is cold if you are low on oil its going to make a knocking sound becasue the existing oil is not warmed its too think to coat the engine witch results in a valve tap until it warms up.I hAVE A 95 MAXIMA AND THE OIL LIGHT SOMETIMES FLASHES WHEN I SLOW DOWN.I JUST NEW TIMING CHAINS IN THE ENGINE
I mostly agree with foosball . . . my first thought is that your oil is low. But consider the possibility that your oil is too high. Too much oil in an engine is also very bad for an engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment