Saturday, December 19, 2009

What is the proper oil to use in a 2003 Nissan Maxima?

I'm hearing a noise in my car. Someone told me I have water in my tank. Checked it out. No water. Someone told me I needed spark plugs or maybe its the oil I'm using. I always go to the Nissan Dealership to get oil changes. I just called them and asked them what type of oil are they using. They told me regular oil 530. Its time for me to get an oil change at this point (I hit 3000 miles) and I noticed this morning driving to work that I didnt hear the sound as much. Should I be using synthetic oil or what? How do you know which oil is better?What is the proper oil to use in a 2003 Nissan Maxima?
there is a fuel system cleaner made by everwear that helps evaporate fuel moisture. you can find them at most parts stores. your car calls for 5w30, but most shops carry semi-synthetic, which is better protection. i work for goodyear, and we carry kendall semi-synthetic, so find a goodyear/gemini dealer and have it done there...we also charge less for oil changes...lol.What is the proper oil to use in a 2003 Nissan Maxima?
Nissan themselves list anything from 5w20 through to 20w40 semi synthetic based oil dependant on where you live in this world, I work for an Edinburgh based Nissan dealer and have always used 10w40 semi synth without any problems, problems occur when you start using different types of oil which obviously are made with varying additives which protect and also cause wear within the engine.


Go back to using a named brand of 10w40 semi synth oil and see how you go.


Cheers


Andy
5/30 is the most recommended I believe the oil industry makes us all believe we must use the right brand, weight %26amp; type ( this oil for 4x4's or this one for high mileage cars) of oil most of it is bologna I would look else where for your problem maybe low on oil but I don't think because you used castrol instead of quaker state or you used 10/30 instead of 5/30 it will make a difference I was a mechanic for 10 years I DON'T BUY IT
run a little thicker oil in the summer = 10W-30





and in the winter the thin stuff - 5-W30

No comments:

Post a Comment